Thursday, September 28, 2006


"They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing" (Psalm 92.14).

Antonio da Silva, brazilian, believer, 72-year-old retired, started worrying too much because he was growing older. He had heard that growing older was very bad indeed, distressing and, worse of all, destined to be forsaken by his family. He then decided to write a letter to the heavenly Father. So he did:

"Dear heavenly Father, how can I actually express my love for you and how grateful I am for such a long life you have given to me until today. Also, I thank you for the wonderful wife and sons you sent to me. You have been so good to me, Father. Thanks indeed! But, I must say something: over the past days, I have been too much concerned about my future... The point is: I am growing older. What happens if I die now, or even go to a rest home, huh?"

Father reminded Antonio to read Psalm 92, in the Bible. Growing older is part of anyones life. That is not the end of the world, but the beginning of a new one full of new friends, attractions and opportunities to grow!

If you, dear reader, are facing the same problem (worring too much because you are growing older), better follow Antonios example: read Psalm 92 and start doing things: visit your own family-relatives, friends. Visit the doctor regularly. Go to church regularly. Get some new friends. Be easy. Be gentle. Be a true christian.

Remember: worry is futile; faith is fruitful.

Veritas et Vita

No comments:

Post a Comment