Monday, September 20, 2010


Wacky election candidates reveal problems at heart of Brazil politicsBy Maria Luisa Cavalcanti

BBC Brasil


Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva is expected to be voted in by more than a million people "What does a federal deputy do? Truly, I don't know. But vote for me and I will find out for you."

This is one of the political slogans of a man who is expected to enter the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies, the lower house of Congress, in the general election on 3 October with the backing of more than a million voters.

If the phrase sounds like some sort of joke, perhaps you will not be surprised to learn that this particular candidate is a professional clown.

Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva, or Tiririca as he is known, started working in a circus at the age of eight in the impoverished north-eastern state of Ceara, and is now a TV comedian.
_________________________________________________________

This is what I myself think on the subject:

1. Tiririca is actually a professional clown.
2. Brazilian Chamber of Deputies is full of amateur clowns...
3. Had I been born in Sao Paulo State, I would vote for Tiririca ehe ehe ehe!
4. Voting for a professional clown would be my way of protesting against amateurs!

May God bless Tirica... At least, I shall laugh and laugh and laugh a lot!

Paulo Cesar Sampaio
Pastor/fan of Tiririca ehe ehe ehe
MSN p-cesarsampaio@hotmail.com
Skype pcesarsampaio

No comments:

Post a Comment