Tuesday, March 02, 2010
The last will be the winner!
But whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister (Matthew 20.26).
Salome, mother of James and John wanted her sons (oh, boys!)to have granted seats: on the right and on the left side of Jesus, in the Kingdom to come. Jesus did not actually appreciate the request, at all. Jesus said that positions in the Kingdom of the Son were planned by the Father, and the Son, and the Unity of Godhead, would only give such positions to those to whom the Father had determined to grant them.
The 10 disciples were moved with indignation. Jesus felt the need to come and say: whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister. Wow, that was great!
Points to ponder:
1. Humans just love to fake to be important, great, prominent etc;
2. Salome, as a mother, would do anything for her "two little boys!";
3. James actually drank of the cup... He was one of the first martyrs;
4. Yes: disciples were sometimes "discussing a lot";
5. Jesus came into sight and made the 10 indignant-boys, lambs...
The real points are:
1. Real important is the servant-minister;
2. Each one of us must assume his-her own life; mom should not come into sight;
3. True christians suffer indignities of the cross on daily basis;
4. Big turmoils-fights etc etc etc take place behind the pulpits;
5. But peace is not that far from us: Bible is yours to enjoy peace!
May all my readers have a blessed week.
March has come, wow! I will be 48 years!
Paulo Cesar Sampaio
Still got some room in May-2010.
I do not charge anything, but ticket and confortable hotel room.
I do not charge, repeat. If I did,I would make it in Euros; not US dollars...